AEE Aviation Technology Inc. and SELFLY Camera LLC have partnered to launch the Selfly, a smartphone case, and drone in one. While the drone-case will not fly with the smartphone still attached, the idea is that you carry your phone, and thus your drone, with you at all times, allowing you to take selfies from new heights and angles. The Selfly was announced at CES 2018.
DJI Mavic Pro
Bring your selfie game to a whole new level
The Selfly smartphone case is an interesting piece of kit from a technological perspective. It is small and lightweight, yet it packs a 1080p high-definition video camera. You can charge the drone in about 30 minutes for a 4-minute flight time. It uses high-end stabilization technology, which allows it to snap onto most standard size 4-6-inch smartphones and is compatible for both iOS and Android phones.
The idea behind the Selfly is that with this smartphone case you are now able to take a selfie from any location, and from heights and distances that were once considered impossible.
“More photographs are being taken now on smartphones than ever before because the best camera is the one you can always have with you,” says Mike Kahn, AEE’s Chief Marketing Officer. “As a case to your smartphone, AEE SELFLY will always be with you to capture amazing selfies.”
The Selfly is expected to be available for sale in Q1 of 2018.
Photo credit: The Verge
MORE CES 2018 STORIES ON DRONEDJ
- Yuneec introduces Typhoon H Plus, first fixed-wing and racing drones at CES 2018
- Volocopter VC200 2X made its maiden flight in North America during CES 2018
- Bell Helicopter and Uber show taxi drone at CES 2018
- Intel shows off with 100 tiny drones flying inside at CES 2018
- Hands-on: New drones from Shenzhen-based ‘HighGreat’ at CES 2018: ‘Mark’ and ‘Hesper’
- Intel and DJI technology in a $99 toy drone to be announced at CES 2018
- All-new DJI Ronin-S will be a game changer if DJI prices it right
And be sure to check out our full roundup of all our CES coverage as well.