Good morning, if you haven’t heard already, brace yourself… Yesterday we received an email from DJI letting us know that they had made the difficult decision to push back the “See the Bigger Picture” event to a yet to be determined date. At this point, it is unclear whether this is due to a hardware or software-related issue. However for the Chinese drone maker to postpone a global product launch is a big deal. We will talk more about this today and in the coming days as we learn more. Besides this main news item, we have more news for you as well and a sweet drone video from Siberia. Check it out!
- DJI pushes its July 18th ‘Bigger Picture’ event back, cites user experience and standard of innovation factors
- DJI Mavic Pro firmware update – v01.04.0400
- This 15-year-old boy developed a drone designed to detect and destroy landmines
- DJI’s “Now it’s Epic” campaign to promote the Mavic Air on 364 JCDecaux screens at five international airports around the world
- Tony Northrup doesn’t think you should buy a drone. Let me tell you why you should!
- Greenpeace flies Superman drone into nuclear plant in protest
- Wearable drone jammer “Pitbull” automatically interferes with rogue drones
- How drones are helping farmers in India by collecting real-time data
Today’s drone video is from Egor Tohtobin from Siberia in Russia. He used his DJI Mavic Air to capture the beauty of the Siberian landscape. So grab your cup of joe and watch this short clip as Egor says:
“Hello from Siberia =)”
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
If you’d like to help us grow, you can buy your next drone through one of the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. We will make a small commission and it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you!