At some point, DJI will come out with the next generation of the DJI Mavic Pro drone. That may happen as soon as next week at the CES 2018 event in Las Vegas or it may happen much later in 2018. We honestly have no idea. What we do know though is the list of improvements, we’d like to see realized in the DJI Mavic Pro 2.
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Pro 2 wishlist
Our wishlist for the DJI Mavic Pro 2.
- Smaller – we would like the Mavic Pro to be smaller and to fold even more compact as well for increased portability.
- Lighter – reduced weight would increase portability and flight time as well.
- Faster – a faster drone is more fun and if it is smaller and lighter at the same time, the drone will have better handling and offer more agility.
- Longer – hopefully, the next generation of the Mavic Pro will offer better battery life so that we can enjoy the drone for longer. Again, a smaller and lighter drone would help.
- Power – more powerful brushless motors would increase the drone’s agility.
- Quieter – the redesigned propeller blades of the Mavic Pro Platinum Edition make the drone much quieter. It would be nice to see these new blades (or even better blades) standard on the new Mavic Pro.
- Detect and avoid – 360-degree obstacle avoidance that would prevent the drone from flying into an obstacle when going sideways, backward or upwards.
- USB-C – the ability to charge the drone directly by means of a USB-C cable would make for a more portable and user-friendly drone.
- Micro SD slot – reposition the micro SD slot so that you do not have to unfold the drone’s legs to insert or remove a micro SD card.
- Improved ActiveTrack – ActiveTrack should be more responsive and also be able to follow the subject when going downhill.
- Faster startup – Faster startup times so that you can start flying your drone sooner.
Photo and video quality:
- Larger sensor – a larger sensor would allow for increased dynamic range, less noise and thus improved low light photography and videography.
- Increased resolution – Increased resolution from 12 MP to 16, 18 or even 20 MP for sharper still images.
- Adjustable aperture – an adjustable aperture would allow for more creative freedom and better low light performance or increased depth-of-field.
- Higher frame rate – increase the 4K video frame rate to 60 fps
- Better video quality – increase the quality of video footage to 100 Mbps and a better video codec, for instance, the HEVC (H.265) codec.
- Better customer service
- Improved DJI Go 4 app with new features and better response rate
What would you like to see in the new DJI Mavic Pro 2? Let us know in the comments below.
Don’t forget! We are going to give away this exact DJI Spark drone to one of our readers. If you are interested, then leave a comment, or follow us and share this post on Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram. We will give it away in the first week of the new year. Only people living in one of the 48 Contiguous United States will be eligible. The lucky recipient will be selected at our sole discretion.
Note: To improve our website DroneDJ and bring you the latest news, we rely on income from our ads as well as affiliate programs. We would greatly appreciate it, if you would consider the offers of our advertisers or would buy your next drone or drone accessories through one of our partners such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers such as Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!