DJI just released a new firmware update for the Mavic Air – V01.00.0300. It is strongly recommended by the Chinese drone manufacturer and just by the looks of it, it seems to address a large number of bugs. It does not, however, bring back the waypoints we all have asked for. We are still waiting for an answer from DJI on that one.
- Date: 2018.03.21
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
- Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.8
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.8
- Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward.
- Added support for operating at 5.8 GHz in Thailand.
- Fixed an issue where the gimbal would drift when the aircraft’s heading changes.
- Fixed an issue where the aircraft would shake when using ActiveTrack.
- Added message if failure to take panoramas or an Asteroid QuickShot occurs (requires DJI GO 4 v4.2.8 and higher).
- Fixed an issue where the remote controller was unable to link with the aircraft when operating in some regions.
- Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to take a panorama in Sport mode or when APAS is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally.
- Fixed an issue of video lag when the aircraft’s heading changes.
- Fixed an issue of ghosting in photos.
- Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to decelerate automatically when landing.
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
- Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight
- Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
- This firmware update resets the camera settings.
- If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
What do you think about the new update? Does it solve some issue you may have run into? Let us know in the comments below.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!