DJI Osmo Pocket gets new firmware! The very popular gimbal-stabilized pocket camera gets a new firmware update today. DJI just released their latest version of the firmware this morning. Among other things, it promises improved optimized face detection which should help with keeping your face in focus during vlogging for instance. DJI also added a tip prompt and display icon when connecting an external microphone. I will be updating my DJI Osmo Pocket later today and test the new features. I will update this post if I find any significant improvement.
Osmo Pocket gets new firmware
- Date: 2019.04.02
- Firmware: v01.06.00.20 (file size is approx. 99MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.6
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.6
What’s new for the DJI Osmo Pocket?
- Added a tip prompt and display icon when connecting an external microphone.
- Added option in settings to turn off the beeping sound when pressing buttons.
- Optimized UI of pro settings.
- Optimized face detection.
- Reduced focus pulsing when switching between scenes.
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
- Firmware v01.06.00.20 is required when using with Charging Case.
How to Update
What do you think about the latest firmware update for the DJI Osmo Pocket? Does it improve the autofocus and tracking of your face? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.