This morning, DJI releases a new firmware update for the DJI Mavic Air. The firmware, unfortunately, does not include any new or improved features this time. What is it does do however is solve an issue when operating the DJI Mavic Air and its remote controller in Panama. I have no idea why there would be an issue flying your DJI Mavic Air in Panama, but it should be solved now. If any of our readers actually flies a Mavic Air in Panama and has experienced this issue, we’d love to hear from you.
DJI releases new firmware update
- Date: 2019.04.10
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0620
- Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.12
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.12
What’s new for the DJI Mavic Air?
- Fixed aircraft and remote controller connecting issue when operating in Panama.
How to update your DJI Mavic Air
With DJI GO 4 app:
With DJI Assistant 2 software:
- Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware.
- Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
- Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
- This firmware update resets the camera settings.
- If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!