Today DJI released new Inspire 2 firmware for both the drone and the controller. Some of the new features include: support for the Zenmuse X7 gimbal and camera, updates CineCore 2.1, new EI mode in Camera Setting and a number of other bug fixes.
So far, the initial reactions on social media vary from: “Who’s going to try first? ” to “No longer iso-lock at D-LOG ” . Other people wonder, “how much speed and range they reduced again ” and when DJI will make the Point of Interest (Orbit) feature available for the Inspire series.
Inspire firmware update overview
Date: 2017.11.13 Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0200 Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0002 DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.14 or above, Android V 4.1.14 or above
- Added support for the Zenmuse X7 gimbal and camera.
- CineCore 2.1 now features an updated camera processing system, which can support the new DJI movie color system (including D-Log curves and D-Gamut Color Space) when used with Zenmuse X5S and X7.
- Added new EI mode in Camera Settings, to make the camera operation style more compatible with other professional movie cameras. Please note that EI mode can only be turned on when both SD and SSD are enabled.
- Fixed a rare issue where the camera restarts when used with a Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD automatic zoom lens.
- Fixed a rare issue where image edge is deformed when using the Zenmuse X5S with some Olympus-made lenses.
- Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes.
- Fixed a rare issue where aircraft acceleration slows down in TapFly mode.
- Optimized gimbal yaw smoothness in Follow Mode.
- Added gimbal pitch auto return to center in Landing Mode to avoid the gimbal touching the ground.
- Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.
- Added DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal.
- Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both regular and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave.
- It is recommended to update the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 at the same time.
- Ensure that the remote controller is updated to the latest firmware version to activate all new features.
- If a firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try again.
DJI instructional videos