This morning we woke up to newly leaked information from a source, who has proven to be very accurate in the past. The DJI Mavic Pro II (or Mavic Pro 2) is rumored to arrive late in March so it makes sense that more details are coming out as we approach that deadline. Today we learn that the original foldable drone from DJI may actually grow in size. Indeed the new DJI Mavic Pro II may become a monster drone.
Updated RUMORED SPECS OF THE MAVIC PRO II
- The official name will be Mavic Pro II instead of Mavic Pro 2
- It will be substantially larger than the current Mavic Pro
- 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (compared with 3830 mAh and 11.4 V for the current Mavic Pro).
- Different battery design than the current Mavic Pro
- Upgraded propulsion with larger motors (slightly smaller than current Phantom 4)
- 33-minute flight time. Maybe longer (current Mavic Pro has 27-minute and Platinum 30-minute flight time).
- 1″ CMOS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm lens.
- Newly designed 3-axis gimbal.
- Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
- Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors.
- Same design of remote control as old Mavic Pro but drastically improved
- Will use OcuSync.
- Video transmission frequency is unknown.
- Improved agility and precision.
- Expected to outperform current Phantom 4 Pro.
- Beta testing of the Mavic Pro II ended late January.
- Mass production has started already (early Feb) and will not be impacted by Chines New Year.
- Launch date possibly March 22nd but could be later.
- The Mavic Pro 2 will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app just like the current Mavic Pro.
- Expected price point: $1299 USD or more. The FlyMore combo will be more expensive.
We expect the all-new Mavic Pro II to carry over many of the new technologies that have been introduced with the Mavic Air, such as APAS, 3D sensing and obstacle-avoidance (front, bottom, and rear). It should have the new features such as Astroid, Boomerang and Panorama photos with a push of a button.
Drawings of what could be the Mavic Pro II
A lot of the really early information comes from a single source on Twitter, OsitaLV and eventh0ugh not all his predictions have been correct, he has been very accurate on most of his predictions. So, keep that in mind when you read through this list. We expect more sources to come forward and more leaks to occur as we get closer to the official launch date of the new DJI Mavic Pro II, which for now we will keep at March 22nd.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!