Earlier today when I finally had the chance to start up our own DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, I was notified of the new firmware that was available for the aircraft. The update was originally released on August 23rd, the same that DJI held their event. The company tells us that after updating we can enjoy the new features such as “Hyperlapse”, “Dolly Zoom”(Mavic 2 Zoom), and “Super Resolution”(Mavic 2 Zoom) to experience the amazing shooting effect of the Mavic 2. Let’s us know in the comments below what your experience has been trying out these new features and flying your new drone.
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Firmware v01.00.00.00
DJI tell us: “Dear customers, if you have purchased the new Mavic 2 Series drone, we hope that you can upgrade the firmware version to 01.00.00.00 or above through the App tips before using. After upgrading, you can use the new features such as “Hyperlapse”, “Dolly Zoom”(Mavic 2 Zoom), and “Super Resolution”(Mavic 2 Zoom) to experience the amazing shooting effect of the Mavic 2.”
- Date: 2018.08.23
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.00.00
- DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.3.0
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.0
- Added Hyperlapse mode, including four sub-modes: Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoints.
- Added Dolly Zoom sub-mode for QuickShots (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Added Enhanced HDR and HyperLight shooting modes.
- Added Super Resolution sub-mode for Panorama(Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Added 2x digital zoom (Mavic 2 Zoom only. Available when recording video in 1080p 24/25/30 fps).
- Added Emergency RTH and Emergency Landing for Low Battery RTH.
- Adjusted the low battery warning level to 25%. ·
- Improved stability for POI by optimizing the way the location of the subject is measured (Mavic 2 Zoom only).
- Fixed the occasional issue in Panorama where the camera was unable to take a photo and improved the overall photo quality in Panorama.
- Fixed the issue where the aircraft would move unexpectedly due to compass interference.
- Fixed the occasional issue where the gimbal would not recenter after exiting QuickShots.
- Fixed the AE flicker issue (Mavic 2 Pro only) and green point issue (Mavic 2 Zoom only). Improved the overall photo quality of both Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
- Optimized the performance of the Vision Systems.
- Added 2 m minimum flight altitude to ActiveTrack 2.0.
- Fixed the occasional issue in QuickShots where the camera was unable to record a video and improved the overall video quality in QuickShots.
- Please note that there is no minimum flight altitude when the speed is fixed in the Free sub-mode of Hyperlapse. Be sure to fly with caution.
What do you think about DJI’s new features and Mavic 2 drone in general? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
If you’d like to help us grow, you can buy your next drone through one of the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. We will make a small commission and it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you!