Yesterday, Chinese drone-maker, DJI released a new firmware update for their Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 series of drones. This is firmware version v01.00.20.00 and it includes added support for Ground Station Pro (GS Pro), updating the video transmission system to OcuSync 2.0 and more. Especially the upgrade to OcuSync 2.0 for the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is a very welcome improvement as it should make for a much better connection in dense urban areas where there is more interference. Have you upgraded already? Let us know what your experience has been in the comments below.
New Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 Firmware update released
- Date: 2018.10.08
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.20.00
- Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.20.00
- Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.01.00
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.2
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.0
- Added support for Ground Station Pro (GS Pro).
- Updated the video transmission system to OcuSync 2.0.
- Added support to connect two DJI Goggles through Multiuser Mode (Currently only available on iOS and requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or above).
- Fixed an issue when moving the remote controller control sticks in Gain & Expo Tuning where the EXP value moved erratically.
- When using the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 with GS Pro, connect the remote controller to the PC before powering on the remote controller and the aircraft.
- Once the firmware is updated, it cannot revert to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
- If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and app, and try updating again.
More info from DJI Support:
“Before this update, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 doesn’t support GS Pro. After updating this version, GS Pro can be appl[ied] for Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Hope it provides you with some info.”
How to install firmware update on Phantom 4 Pro V2.0:
What do you think about DJI’s latest firmware update? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!