DJI just released a new firmware update for the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro models. This is version v01.00.01.00. The update promises to improve ActiveTrack 2.0, improved photo quality for panoramas, aircraft stability and will allow you to adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse among other things. I haven’t had a chance myself to update my drone yet but will do so later today. You can find the official release notes from DJI here.
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro firmware v01.00.01.00
- Date: 2018.10.11
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.01.00
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.3
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.2
- Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
- Added ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
- Added ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
- Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang. Refer to the Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.
- Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.
- Improved photo quality for Panorama.
- Improved aircraft flight stability.
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
- Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
- If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
@DroneDJ new mavic pro firmware is out ! Does not fix the h265 preview problem :(
— tricade (@tricade) October 11, 2018
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!