After a crazy summer with the postponed launch of the DJI Mavic 2, all eyes are now fixed on the long-awaited DJI Phantom 5. Will it be released by the end of this month, during DJI’s “Because Life is Big” event? We will have to wait and see. However, in the meantime, let’s take a look and ‘zoom’ in on the expected specs for the new DJI Phantom 5.
Let’s zoom in on the DJI Phantom 5 expected specs
Based on rumors, leaked information, and some common sense, here is what we think DJI’s new Phantom 5 drone will offer:
- The DJI Phantom 5 will come in two models; one with a zoom lens and one with interchangeable lenses
- Zoom lens: possibly a 3.5x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom for 7x zoom in FHD
- Four interchangeable prime lenses: 16, 24, 35 and 50mm
- Sensor: likely to be a 1″ CMOS sensor with 20MP
- Hasselblad camera with a Sony sensor and the Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution (HNCS)
- Global shutter (mechanical shutter) to eliminate rolling shutter effect
- Adjustable aperture
- Video: better than Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, to include 4K@60fps, H.265, H.264, 10-bit Dlog-M color profile, and 4K 10-bit HDR video, Hyperlapse
- Photo: to include HDR, HyperLight and the usual QuickShots and Pano
- Newly designed controller? See here.
- Max flight time: 35 minutes
- OcuSync 2.0
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
- Active Track 2.0
- Possible rain proofing
- Downward facing LED’s
- Will fly faster, longer and quieter than Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
- Priced well above the Mavic 2 drones. Likely in the $1,700 to $2,500 range
Lastly, on our wish list would be some type of built-in (variable) ND filter. That would be pretty sweet.
Let us know in the poll below if you think the new DJI Phantom 5 will be released on November 28th during DJI’s “Because Life is Big” event. And, let us know in the comments below if we missed something.
Btw – you know the P4PV2.0 is out of stock now, right?
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
Photo: DJI/ Miz Watanabe aQua Studio
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.