While most of us were enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner, DJI quietly released another DJI Mavic 2 firmware update for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom drones. The firmware update brings a number of new features and bug fixes to our favorite DJI drones. For instance, the shutter speed has been increased to up to two seconds for Hyperlapse Circle and Course Lock which is really nice. They also added precision landing, which was a feature that had been requested multiple times on the DJI Forum. Check out the rest of the details below and let us know you you make out with theMavic 2 firmware update!
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic 2 firmware update overview
- Date: 2018.11.22
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.02.00
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.5
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.4
- Shutter speed increased up to two seconds for Hyperlapse Circle and Course Lock (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
- Added Task Library to Hyperlapse Waypoint (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
- Added Precision Landing.
- Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for Point of Interest 2.0 (see Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom User Manual for more details about obstacle sensing requirements).
- Added voice alert for ActiveTrack 2.0 when the subject is lost (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later for iOS. Android version is coming soon).
- Added on-screen display when shooting in Hyperlapse and Panorama (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
- Optimized the Vision Systems status display in DJI GO 4 (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the Mavic 2 firmware update is complete.
- Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
How to perform a Mavic 2 firmware update
What do you think about DJI’s latest Mavic 2 firmware update? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!