This morning, DJI released a firmware update for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. This is the drone, we said would change everything for the drone mapping market. The new firmware (version 01.07.0116) promises to resolve a number of minor issues but the focus clearly is on making the DJI Phantom 4 RTK a better drone for mapping operations. To do so, DJI added a number of improvements, such as the ability to use the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps, a Timed Shooting mode in Photogrammetry and Linear Flight operations, the ability to set the margin of the operation area automatically when planning a Photogrammetry operation and a lot more. Read all the details below and be sure to share your experience after you updated your DJI Phantom 4 RTK with us in the comments.
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Phantom 4 RTK Firmware
- Date: 2019.01.22
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.07.0116
- Remote Controller Firmware: v01.07.0116
- DJI GS RTK App: v1.8.25
- DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.6
- DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.10
- Added support for the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps.
- Added Timed Shooting mode in Photogrammetry and Linear Flight operations.
- Added the option in Advanced Settings when planning a Photogrammetry operation to set the margin of the operation area automatically.
- Added support for export and import of the planned operations using a microSD card.
- Added support for RTCM 3.2 MSM3 when using custom network RTK.
- Added the option in General Settings in Camera View to select Grid as FPV Display Mode.
- Added the function to center the gimbal by double tapping the gimbal pitch status bar in Camera View.
- Canceled the limit for the length of the flight route when planning an operation.
- Optimized the calculation for the flight route and operation duration.
- Fixed occasional issue: app crash caused by some random operations.
- Fixed occasional issue: there was no marker for the breakpoint after pausing the operation.
- Fixed occasional issue: the storage path of the pictures shot during automatic operations was wrong.
- Fixed issue: wrong display of some text in the app.
- Fixed issue: wrong display of GSD value when system language was Japanese.
How to Update the firmware on your Phantom 4 RTK
- This DJI Phantom 4 RTK firmware update may take a long time. Please wait and DO NOT power off the aircraft during updating.
- Be sure to update the firmware for both the aircraft and the remote controller. Otherwise, they will not work together.
- It is not recommended to use this firmware with a PC GS Pro of v1.2.0 or lower. Otherwise, some functions may not work properly.
Have you updated the firmware on your DJI Phantom 4 RTK already? Let us know what your experience has been in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!