Today DJI is making a huge step forward in the Enterprise drone market with the release of the DJI Matrice 200 V2 series and new DJI Flighthub Enterprise software. The combination of improved hardware and new software is meant to take enterprise drone operations to the next level. Yes, we’re talking beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) and night-time operations. But, also the ability for enterprise customers to deploy and large numbers of drones. The Matrice 200 Version 2 now offers Ocusync 2.0, encrypted data transmission (AES-256), top and bottom anti-collision beacons, DJI’s AirSense system using an ADS-B receiver and more. DJI’s Flighthub Enterprise offers many new customization options for commercial drone operators such as private cloud hosting, new DJI Pilot PE app designed for users with high data security requirements, centrally manage and deploy drone firmware updates, mission planning, and device maintenance information. FlightHub Enterprise and the Matrice 200 Series V2 drones are now available worldwide. Today’s announcement from DJI is a huge step forward and it will allow commercial drone operators to start using drones in ways we haven’t seen before and on a much larger scale than we have seen before. Exciting stuff!
Read DJI’s official announcement below.
DJI’s official statement on the Matrice 200 V2 and Flighthub Enterprise
DJI Improves Enterprise Drones And Fleet Management Software To Enable Next Level Commercial Drone Operations
“From routine mapping missions to sensitive industrial inspections, organizations around the world rely on DJI to provide more robust, secure and scalable solutions,” said Jan Gasparic, Director of Strategic Partnerships at DJI. “As leading organizations have increased their drone fleets into the hundreds and thousands, they have asked for better ways to centrally manage drone operations and are using drones for applications that demand safer and more reliable drone technology. Our updated Matrice 200 Series drones are now better equipped for complex life-saving missions, flights over sensitive locations, and flights at night, while enhancements to DJI FlightHub give organizations more control over their drone fleets and the data they generate.”
Enhancements to Matrice 200 Series Drones
- Reliable Transmission – Equipped with OcuSync 2.0, the drones now support automatic dual frequency band switching (*1) between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for up to 8 km (*2) maximum transmission range, delivering reliable, high-resolution, low-latency digital video transmission back to the pilot.
- Data Security – All data transmitted through OcuSync 2.0 is encrypted using the leading AES-256 standard, ensuring critical mission information is protected and can only be accessed by authorized parties.
- Flight Safety – Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Night Waiver standards in mind, anti-collision beacons have been added on the top and bottom of the drone to improve flight safety during low-light conditions and at night. The drone is also equipped with DJI’s AirSense system using an ADS-B receiver to provide drone pilots with awareness of approaching air traffic that may pose a collision risk.
- Flight Performance – Pilots using multiple drone payloads during their operations can now calibrate the drone’s new center of gravity with ease from the DJI Pilot app for better flight performance.
- Data Accuracy – A new TimeSync system continuously aligns the flight controller, cameras, GPS module and RTK module, as well as any third-party payloads or onboard accessories, fixing the position data to the center of the image frame to achieve improved data accuracy.
Combined, these improvements lay the technical foundations for more advanced drone operations. This begins with including night flight-enabling (*3) anti-collision beacons to DJI’s newest enterprise drones, including the Mavic 2 Enterprise and the Matrice 200 Series V2. Combining the anti-collision beacon and improved transmission range with its pre-existing DJI AirSense ADS-B receiver system for traditional aircraft detection and FlightAutonomy obstacle sensing system, the Matrice 200 Series V2 is ready to support beyond visual line of sight operations. (*4)
“DJI is leading the industry in incorporating new safety features that support the growth of nighttime and BVLOS flights in the United States and around the world,” said Brendan Schulman, Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs at DJI. “These innovations will open countless opportunities for organizations and the general public to benefit from the life-saving uses of drone technology, and DJI is proud to help pave the way for regulators to create clear pathways for operators to receive approval to conduct advanced drone operations.”
Operations Management with FlightHub Enterprise
DJI FlightHub software enables organizations to efficiently manage all aspects of their commercial drone operations from a single platform. As a web-based service, FlightHub Basic and Advanced have provided the capability to oversee live operations, manage flight data, manage fleets and pilots, and effectively plan operations. The new FlightHub Enterprise has additional features that give commercial operators more control over their implementations and data security:
- Private Cloud Hosting – Organizations can now choose to host FlightHub Enterprise within their private cloud or on-premise IT infrastructure, utilizing their existing organizational resources and security protocols, and enabling the capability to build streamlined workflows for their drone fleets.
- Dedicated DJI Pilot app – Exclusively compatible with FlightHub Enterprise, the new DJI Pilot PE app is a customized version of DJI’s flight control app designed for users with high data security requirements. By default, DJI Pilot PE will not transmit any data to public networks and will only connect directly to an organization’s FlightHub Enterprise platform hosted on their private IT infrastructure.
- Firmware Management – Centrally manage and deploy drone firmware updates, allowing organizations to certify and update drone fleets at their own pace, ensuring security compliance and avoiding unforeseen delays during critical missions.
- Mission Planning – Schedule and oversee drone operations with the ability to send automated waypoint or mapping missions to individual pilots.
- Device Maintenance – Track equipment usage, including aircraft and battery usage time, to ensure your drone equipment is functioning properly and aircraft maintenance is performed on schedule.
Together, these updates make FlightHub Enterprise valuable to a wide range of commercial and industrial customers using drone technology for increasingly sensitive missions, including large-scale disaster response operations, public safety operations that require a real-time view of data by a central command for quick decision making, and relaying information to offsite engineers during inspections in the energy and telecommunications industries.
“Drones are an important tool for our customers because they deliver information that transforms how they make decisions, help keep people safe, and ensure business assets are at peak performance,” said Brandon Torres Declet, CEO and Co-Founder of Measure, the leader in aerial intelligence solutions. “Our customers want the process of adopting drone technology to be simple, safe, and secure. By integrating FlightHub Enterprise into Measure’s services and our all-in-one drone software platform Ground Control(TM), our customers now will have unprecedented control and insight at their fingertips.”
FlightHub Enterprise and the Matrice 200 Series V2 drones are now available worldwide. For more information on all the new features and capabilities of FlightHub Enterprise, you can visit: http://www.dji.com/flighthub. Customers looking to purchase FlightHub Enterprise can contact DJI through the “Contact Us” form on the webpage. For information on the Matrice 200 Series V2, please visit: www.dji.com/matrice-200-series-v2.
*1 Due to local policies, some countries do not support 5.8 GHz transmission.
*2 Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience. Always fly your drone within visual line of sight unless otherwise permitted.
*3 Please consult local policies and regulations before performing night operations.
*4 Please consult local policies and regulations before performing beyond visual line of sight operations.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!