DJI just released a new DJI Mavic Air firmware update. It is version v01.00.0560. The update focusses on optimizing the battery level algorithm. Unfortunately, DJI did not use this opportunity to provide any other new features such as hyperlapse for the DJI Mavic Air for instance. You can find the details for the firmware update below.
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Air firmware update
- Date : 2019.02.28
- Aircraft Firmware : v01.00.0560
- Remote Controller Firmware : v01.00.0200
- DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.3.12
- DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.3.12
What’s New in the Mavic Air firmware update?
- Aircraft: Optimized battery level algorithm.
How to Update
- Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware.
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
- Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
- This firmware update resets the camera settings.
- If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
About the DJI Mavic Air
On January 23rd, 2018, DJI introduced their all-new DJI Mavic Air during an event in New York City. The Mavic Air currently is DJI’s smallest, most portable folding drone with 4K video and a range of quick shot options. It also features the most advanced obstacle-avoidance (front, down and backward) and Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) that allows the drone to fly over and around obstacles.
A short recap of the specs:
- Capture 4K Video and 12MP Photos
- 3-Axis Gimbal-Stabilized Camera
- GPS- & Vision Position-Based Navigation
- 8GB of Internal Storage/up to 256GB via microSD
- FlightAutonomy with Obstacle Detection
- Top Speed of 43 mph in Sport Mode
- ActiveTrack Subject Tracking Modes
- Up to 21 Minutes of Flight Time
- Foldable, Portable Body
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!