DJI released another new firmware update for the DJI Smart Controller. The last firmware update was from a little more than one month ago. This latest update doesn’t seem to bring us any chocking new features but seems to focus on optimizing things like volume adjustment, photo display. It does, however, add the ability to format MicroSD cards. If you use the DJI Smart Controller, let us know what you experience is after updating the firmware in the comments below.
DJI Mavic Pro
New firmware for DJI Smart Controller
- Date: 2019.03.01
- Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.1400
- DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.14
- DJI Assistant 2: For Mavic v2.0.6
What’s New for the DJI Smart Controller?
- Added ability to format a microSD card. When the microSD card is inserted into the remote controller, users can format the microSD card in “Settings”.
- Optimized the volume adjustment through button combinations.
- Optimized photo display in the gallery.
- Updated the built-in DJI GO 4 to v4.3.14
- To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to update the Smart Controller to the latest firmware version.
- If the update fails, set the external microSD card to “Use as portable storage” from “Use as internal storage”, and remove the microSD card, and then retry to update. Contact DJI support if the update fails for several times.
- It is not recommended to set the external microSD card to “Use as internal storage”. This setting will be optimized in future firmware.
Quick Start Guide
What do you think about DJI Smart Controller? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!