Today, DJI released a new Mavic 2 firmware update. The previous update was released late January and introduced waypoints to the Mavic 2 among other things. This update introduces a Dual Remote Controller mode, a feature that will be appreciated mostly by professional users, such as filmmakers, police, firemen and search and rescue operations. DJI also fixed some smaller issues that had to do with making sure that the correct GPS information is displayed when viewing photos on a computer. And, fixed abnormal gimbal movement after completing a QuickShot Rocket.
DJI Mavic Pro
New Mavic 2 firmware update released by DJI
- Date: 2019.04.17
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.04.00
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.16
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.16
What’s new in the Mavic 2 firmware update?
- Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
- Fixed issue: in some photos, the GPS information displayed was incorrect when viewed on a computer.
- Fixed issue: the gimbal acted abnormally after completing a QuickShot Rocket.
How to update the Mavic 2
With DJI GO 4
With DJI Assistant 2
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
- Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings.
- Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
- Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.