Earlier today, DJI released already the third new firmware update for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK in 2019. Version v02.01.0009. This time, the drone maker focusses on improving the drone’s functionality for mapping purposes with an added 3D Photogrammetry (Multi-oriented) operation type that includes a single orthographic flight route and four oblique flight routes as part of a mapping operation. After updating your drone with the new firmware you will also be able to the new Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. This allows you to upload terrain information so that the Phantom 4 RTK can follow the terrain during the flight. DJI also added a few other things and fixed a number of bugs. Details of which you can find below.
New DJI Phantom 4 RTK firmware update
- Date: 2019.05.07
- Aircraft Firmware: v02.01.0009
- Remote Controller Firmware: v02.01.0009
- DJI GS RTK App: v2.0.4
- DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.7
- DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.13
What’s new for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK
- Added the 3D Photogrammetry (Multi-oriented) operation type. After planning the operation area, the generated flight routes will include a single orthographic flight route and four oblique flight routes.
- Added the Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. To plan a Terrain Awareness operation, create a folder in the DJI\DSM path in the root directory of the microSD card, put tif and tfw files into it, and then import the files to the app. After planning flight route in the area corresponding to the imported files, the aircraft will follow the terrain when flying along the route.
- Added notifications for abnormal Intelligent Flight Battery level. If abnormal battery level is detected, there will be a prompt in the app and RTH will be triggered.
- Optimized the flight route planning for Linear Flight operations. Enable or disable “Flight route generated along center line” in the settings to determine whether the generated flight route will include the center line added when planning the operation.
- Fixed the issue of slow task list loading.
- Fixed the rare issue: there was camera preview image jitter during RTH.
- Fixed issue: the remote controller firmware of the MG-1P and Phantom 4 RTK were not compatible with each other.
How to Update with PC
- This firmware includes Intelligent Flight Battery firmware. If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.
- The remote controller cannot be downgraded after this firmware update.
- This firmware update may take a long time. Please wait and DO NOT power off the aircraft during updating.
- Make sure that the firmware for both the aircraft and remote controller is up-to-date. Otherwise they will not work together.
- It is not recommended to use this firmware with a PC GS Pro of v1.2.0 or lower. Otherwise some functions may not work properly.
What do you think about the new features for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK with this new firmware update? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.