DJI just released a firmware update for the DJI Osmo Pocket, version v01.07.00.20. The file size is about 99MB and brings improvements for the focus speed, reduced focus pulsing, added the Hyperlapse feature and volume adjustment for an external microphone. Sounds like a small update? Not really. We use the DJI Osmo Pocket for a lot of recordings and these improvements make a big difference. Yeah, a full frame DSLR will outperform the DJI Osmo Pocket in resolution and low light performance, but it will never outperform the Osmo Pocket when it comes to portability. This little guy goes anywhere!
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI firmware update for the DJI Osmo Pocket
Overview of the firmware update:
- Date: 2019.05.16
- Firmware: v01.07.00.20 (this firmware is approx. 99MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.1.0
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.1.0
What’s new for the DJI Osmo Pocket?
- Increased the focus speed and reduced focus pulsing.
- Added Hyperlapse shooting mode. Note that currently Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket. Hyperlapse will be available to use in DJI Mimo in a later version.
- Added volume adjustment for external microphone.
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
What do you think about the DJI Osmo Pocket? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.