In an effort to reach more people and provide education in ways that are easier for people to find, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has increased their use of Youtube with an entire series of instructional and educational videos. The agency also started a webinar series. On Thursday, August 1 at 4:00 p.m. (ET), the FAA will explain How to navigate UAS Facility Maps. Register for free to join this webinar. Highly recommended.
How to navigate UAS Facility Maps
Please join the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on Thursday, August 1 at 4:00 p.m. (ET) for a free LIVE webinar, “How to Navigate UAS Facility Maps.”
UAS Facility Maps show areas and altitudes in controlled airspace around airports where drone pilots can receive an authorization to fly below the maximum altitude depicted on the map, and up to 400 feet.
Join us as FAA expert Langston Majette explains everything you need to know about UAS Facility Maps — and we’ll demonstrate how to access them through our data visualization tool.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Webinar sessions are hosted in audio and visual format via GoToWebinar.
- You must download the GoToWebinar software on your computer, smartphone/tablet app.
- Upon registration, you will receive a unique URL that you will use to access the webinar. Please note: your confirmation email will come from “EON Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).”
- Please email questions about the webinar to email@example.com
- On the day of the webinar you can access the session via the join link in your confirmation email, or using your 9-digit Webinar ID.
- You are encouraged to read the GoToWebinar How-To Guide ahead of the webinar.
- Questions and answers received during all of our webinars are available online here.
Recordings of past drone webinars in the series are available on the FAA’s YouTube Channel:
- The Air Up There: Airspace Matters
- Deconstructing NOTAMs: How do they Affect Drone Operations?
- Where am I? How to Identify what Airspace you are Operating in
- What is Class E Airspace and how do I Operate in it?
- Recreational Flyers: Fly Safe. Have Fun.
Questions about the webinar? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.