DroneU offers a multi-day drone mapping training course in New York for anyone interested in turning their hobby into a profession. If you have been thinking about making money with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro well this course will teach you how, and how to do it well. I had the pleasure of flying with drone mapping expert Paul Aitken and his team of DroneU instructors last year at the NTSB facility in Ashburn, VA and we had a blast. The DroneU instructors are thorough, knowledgeable, and share a wealth of hands-on experience with the students. It is a course I can highly recommend.
Multi-day drone mapping course in New York
This summer, DroneU offers, for the first time I believe, a Multi-Day Drone Mapping Course in the greater New York City area. The course runs from August 1-4 and will take place at the Crowne Plaza in Suffern-Mahwah and at the Letchworth Village for the data acquisition part.
What makes the DroneU course different from others?
- DroneU provides all of its students with instruction documents and workflow aids. They will receive all the documents necessary to take what they learned with them and use them in the field. Other classes have basic forms but nothing workflow specific and no acquisition guides.
- DroneU students (after attending the in-person class) have access to watch the entire class again to allow them to fully grasp all the detailed materials.
- The DroneU class is not just processing, they actually have pilots go out and fly missions. This is the same hands-on experience I had when I joined Paul and his team at NTSB last year.
The drone mapping course will include the following and more
- Time in the field with multiple flight exercises to map
- Multiple acquisition strategies for the most lifelike models
- Processing strategies for the best results
- Using GCP’s for accurate data collection
- Cleaning up and classifying point clouds for delivery optimization
- Client Delivery options and best practices
- Examples of pricing and practicing With RFP’s
- Group roundtable on client acquisition strategies and best practices
We’re excited about this unique and interesting subject to map.
Data Acquisition site: Letchworth Village
- A unique and fun environment to learn mapping strategies and skills
- A great opportunity to learn how to collect data in a challenging environment.
- Learn the relationships between manual tie points (MTP’s) and polylines and the importance of understanding this relationship
Classroom site (Friday & Sunday): Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah
The cost for this three-day course is $1,397. Students are expected to bring their own UAV for this class. Recommended drones include Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 RTK, or Inspire 2. You will also need a Windows machine with the minimum specs found HERE.
DroneU all-day Flight Mastery Class
In addition to the Drone Mapping Course, DroneU also offers an all-day Flight Mastery Class on Thursday. This course is now mandatory for any new investigator flying drones for the NTSB.
If you’re looking to enhance your flight skills, we are hosting an additional day of training, our Flight Mastery Course, on Thursday, August 1st. The flight mastery course is a training based on our obstacle course built from 12 exercises to build confidence in students ability to fly and make educated decisions in flight.
This course will focus on individual flight movements that aid in the development of a firm foundation of flight knowledge and experience. Participants will work with experienced pilots who will guide them through the process of improving their flight skills and understanding of UAV operations.
Flight Mastery Location: Letchworth Village
If you’re considering getting into the drone business and you are in the New York City area then I would highly recommend considering this drone mapping course. You will learn more in three days than you think is possible.
The cost for this course is $597. Students are expected to bring their own UAV for this class. Recommended droned include Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 RTK, or Inspire 2. You will also need a Windows machine with the minimum specs found HERE.
Disclaimer: DroneDJ and the DroneU work together on our very popular, weekly Drone News Podcast. Furthermore, Paul and I have become good friends over the last year or so. DroneDJ makes a small commission when you sign up for the DroneU classes using our links.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 p.m. ET.
Buy your next drone directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, DroneNerds or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.