Today I stumbled upon this video on Facebook, from a talented drone pilot, who on a recent trip to Iceland flew his DJI Mavic Pro through a rock and into Iceland’s world of wonders. By doing so he convinced me that;
- you don’t need crazy expensive gear to make amazing footage and,
- I need to book a flight to Iceland asap and witness the amazing landscape and scenery myself.
DJI Inspire 2
The first video from Facebook shows the drone flying towards what seems to be a rock wall, however as the drone gets closer a large opening appears. The drone flies through the gap and seemingly into Iceland’s world of wonders. This brought me to the original video on Youtube (below) that is even better. The aspiring YouTuber and his girlfriend(?) had been traveling around Iceland a few weeks ago and captured this amazing drone footage of various of Iceland’s scenic views and locations. The entire trip took 8 days and almost 1,600 miles were covered, mostly counter-clock wise following the Icelandic coastline.
The Facebook video and photos
- DJI mavic, Controller and extra batteries
- DJI car charger and spare props
- Gopro hero 5
- GoPro gimbal. (Testing needed first)
- Hero 5 spare battery
- Selfie stick
- Suction grip for GoPro
- Suction cup for iPhone
- iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPad Pro for editing
- Drone car lighter charger
- Fingerless gloves
More information about this trip, including the exact route can be found on YouTube.
Galley and video