Just a short post this time to summarize all the information, we have seen about the new Mavic Pro II (or Mavic Pro 2). This post contains some old rumors as well as some that have surfaced today. We wanted to make a list of all the specifications that have been rumored up till today as an easy point of reference. A lot of the information has come from a single source, but as we have seen with the launch of the Zenmuse X7, the Osmo Mobile 2 and the Mavic Air, more sources will come forward as we approach the launch date.
All the Rumored specs of the Mavic Pro II
- The official name will be Mavic Pro II instead of Mavic Pro 2
- 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (compared with 3830 mAh and 11.4 V for the current Mavic Pro).
- Different battery design than the current Mavic Pro
- 32-minute flight time. Maybe longer (current Mavic Pro has 27-minute and Platinum 30-minute flight time).
- 1″ CMOS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor).
- Newly designed 3-axis gimbal.
- Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors.
- Will use OcuSync.
- Video transmission frequency is unknown.
- Improved agility and precision.
- Expected to outperform current Phantom 4 Pro.
- Beta testing of the Mavic Pro II ended late January.
- Mass production has started already (early Feb) and will not be impacted by Chines New Year.
- Launch date possibly March 22nd but could be later.
- The Mavic Pro 2 will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app just like the current Mavic Pro.
- Expected price point: $1299 USD or more. The FlyMore combo will be more expensive.
As we mentioned in our previous post, we also expect the all-new Mavic Pro II to carry over many of the new technologies that have been introduced with the Mavic Air, such as APAS, 3D sensing and obstacle-avoidance (front, bottom, and rear). It should have the new features such as Astroid, Boomerang and Panorama photos with a push of a button.
A lot of the really early information comes from a single source on Twitter, OsitaLV and eventhough not all his predictions have come through, he has been far more right than wrong. So, keep that in mind when you read through this list. Like, I said at the beginning of this article we expect more sources to come forward and more leaks to occur as we get closer to the official launch date of the new DJI Mavic Pro II, which for now we will keep at March 22nd.
Note: To improve our website DroneDJ and bring you the latest news, we rely on income from our ads as well as affiliate programs. We would greatly appreciate it, if you would consider the offers of our advertisers or would buy your next drone or drone accessories through one of our partners such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers such as Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.