Good morning, here are yesterday’s headlines with news from the EU and Switzerland about a new law that is in the works that would require hobbyist and professional drone pilots to get a license to fly. Furthermore, we have the FlyJacket that allows you to fly your drone with body movements and two press releases from FLIR Systems and RadioPlane with their new Seeker drone. Grab a coffee and jump in!
DJI Inspire 2
- Hobby drone pilots in the EU and Switzerland will soon need a license
- Spread your wings and fly… your drone with this upper-body soft exoskeleton called FlyJacket
- Press Release: FLIR Systems Completes Strategic Investment in DroneSense
- Press release: Introducing the RadioPlane Seeker, a landmine and gold finding drone
- Would You Trust Drone Software to Pilot Your Flight?
- DARPA Will Reel-In Its Gremlins Drones and Pluck Them Out Of The Sky Like Flying Fish
- Fire Department plans to be first department in Tennessee with a drone program
Today we have a video from Mustafa AL-Sumaidaie who flies his Inspire 1 in Iraq and over very low over crowds. You can see people ducking to avoid being hit by the drone. Interesting shot to say the least. Check it out!
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!