The last firmware update for the DJI Osmo Pocket was on December 12th, however, the software engineers at DJI must have been busy over the holiday season as there is a new firmware update today. V188.8.131.52 is the official version name of the new Osmo Pocket firmware update that was released today. It promises a number of new features but the ones that I’m most excited about are ‘optimized ActiveTrack’, ‘optimized focus’ and ‘improved auto white balance’.
DJI Mavic Pro
Osmo Pocket firmware update – v184.108.40.206
- Date: 2019.01.07
- Firmware: v220.127.116.11 (file size is approx. 51MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.2
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.2
- Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.
- Added support to shoot 3×3 panorama photos when the tilt axis is between -20° and 80°.
- Optimized ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo when detecting people’s head and shoulders in camera view.
- Increased the time that the gimbal is in position to fit into the cover from five to eight seconds.
- Optimized the focus in some situations.
- Optimized ActiveTrack when the gimbal is in Portrait and Flashlight mode.
- Fixed the issue where a red tint appeared when using Auto White Balance (AWB) in scenes that were
- predominantly green.
- Fixed the issue affecting some devices where the charging time was slow.
How to install the Osmo Pocket firmware update
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
What do you think about the DJI Osmo Pocket firmware update? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.