DJI is shipping the Osmo Pocket. Some of our readers have informed us that their order status has changed to ‘shipped’. Late yesterday, we also learned that an updated version of the Mimo app is now available for download at the iTunes app store and Google Play store. The new firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket delivers better auto-focus, improved audio and 120 fps at 1080p for slow-motion. Check it out!
Osmo Pocket: new firmware, Mimo app, and shipping has started
DJI released their new DJI Osmo Pocket camera on November 28th in New York and promised that the device would start shipping on December 15th. Well DJI has been working hard over the last two weeks it seems as we have heard from many of our readers that their order status had changed to ‘shipped’ now.
Furthermore, DJI has released updated firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket that improves the audio quality in a big way, offers smooth 120 fps 1080p slow-motion footage, better auto-focus and a new way to switch the camera into selfie mode. Watch Kinotika’s video below for a first impression of these new features. It sure seems like a big improvement from what we have seen before. See below from more details.
DJI Osmo Pocket new Firmware
- Date: 2018.12.11
- Firmware: v18.104.22.168 (this firmware is approx. 51MB)
- DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.0
- DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.0
- Added 1080p 120fps 4x Slow Motion video.
- The Power/Function button now recenters when pressed twice and can switch the camera orientation when pressed three times.
- Optimized the gimbal so when it is powered off, it automatically adjusts its position to fit into the cover.
- Added the ability to recenter and switch camera orientation in Flashlight mode.
- Reduced noise when recording.
- Optimized Timelapse mode when using the Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
- Optimized the audio in some scenes.
- Optimized the autofocus in some scenes.
- Optimized gimbal performance for long exposure shots.
- Increased the shooting speed in Panorama mode.
- Increased the file reading speed of playback in DJI Mimo.
- Optimized gimbal stability in Timelapse mode.
- Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
- If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.
DJI’s instruction for updating your firmware.
What do you think about the DJI Osmo Pocket? Let us know in the comments below.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!