Less than a month after the previous update, DJI releases another firmware update for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. The last update was quite a significant one and we had asked our drone mapping expert to weigh in. This latest update seems to emphasize DJI’s continued focus on the commercial and enterprise drone market with a number of improvements and enhancements for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. The drone we believe will be a game changer for the mapping industry.
DJI Phantom 4 RTK firmware update
- Date: 2019.02.20
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.07.0118
- Remote Controller Firmware: v01.07.0116
- DJI GS RTK App: v1.8.25
- DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.6
- DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.0.12
- Improved battery stability and safety after the battery was not fully charged and discharged during long-term storage.
- If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.
- Added support for the remote controller without a built-in display for use with Mobile SDK apps.
- Added Timed Shooting mode in Photogrammetry and Linear Flight operations.
- Added the option in Advanced Settings when planning a Photogrammetry operation to set the margin of the operation area automatically.
- Added support for export and import of the planned operations using a microSD card.
- Added support for RTCM 3.2 MSM3 when using custom network RTK.
- Added the option in General Settings in Camera View to select Grid as FPV Display Mode.
- Added the function to center the gimbal by double tapping the gimbal pitch status bar in Camera View.
- Canceled the limit for the length of the flight route when planning an operation.
- Optimized the calculation for the flight route and operation duration.
- Fixed occasional issue: app crash caused by some random operations.
- Fixed occasional issue: there was no marker for the breakpoint after pausing the operation.
- Fixed occasional issue: the storage path of the pictures shot during automatic operations was wrong.
- Fixed issue: wrong display of some text in the app.
- Fixed issue: wrong display of GSD value when system language was Japanese.
How to Update with PC
- This firmware update may take a long time. Please wait and DO NOT power off the aircraft during updating.
- Make sure that the firmware for both the aircraft and remote controller is up-to-date. Otherwise they will not work together.
- It is not recommended to use this firmware with a PC GS Pro of v1.2.0 or lower. Otherwise some functions may not work properly.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.