Today, DJI released a new DJI Smart Controller firmware update. Version v01.00.0530. This firmware update, which can only be installed with the use of DJI Assistant 2 offers a number of bug fixes as well as a host of new features, such as the Dual Remote Controller mode. However, the most interesting new feature for most commercial drone pilots is the ability to manage a fleet of aircraft from within the app. Check out the video below from Originaldobo as he shows you how you can switch from a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise to a DJI Mavic 2 Pro all from within the DJI Smart Controller. This functionality only works for the Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Enterprise, and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.
DJI Mavic Pro
New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released
- Date: 2019.04.25
- Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530
- DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16
- DJI Pilot App: v1.3.0
- DJI Assistant 2: For Mavic v2.0.8
What’s new in the DJI Smart Controller firmware?
- Added Aircraft Management under settings. Once connected to the Smart Controller, an aircraft can be added and managed in Aircraft Management. Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Enterprise, and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual are supported.
- Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
- Added a warning prompt if the compass of the remote controller requires calibration. Users can also now check the status of the compass under settings.
- Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location.
- Added Camera Lock. Once enabled, if users press the focus/shutter or record button when DJI GO 4 is not running or is running in the background, no photo will be taken or video will be recorded.
- Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
- Optimized DJI GO Share. Any photo or video stored in the GO Share folder of the microSD card root directory can be shared to a mobile device using DJI GO Share.
- Updated DJI GO 4 to v4.3.16.
How to update
Originaldobo shows you how you can switch from a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise to a DJI Mavic 2 Pro all from within the DJI Smart Controller.
- This firmware version contains important updates, and the Smart Controller can only be updated to this firmware version using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in the System Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
- Contact via Facebook Messenger (https://m.me/DJISupport) if the update fails several times.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 pm.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.