One of my favorite YouTubers is Faruk from iPhonedo, who by the way just reached 500,000 subs (congrats!). Faruk is always one of the first to review new DJI products as is the case with the Chinese drone maker’s latest addition to their ever-expanding line-up, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. As I mentioned in the title, if you going to watch one DJI Osmo Mobile video review, watch this one.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 video review
Here are a couple of the things Faruk points out, but really you should watch his video and subscribe to get the full iPhonedo perspective.
- The trigger is back! Yay!
- ActiveTrack 3.0 on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is so much better than ActiveTrack on the Osmo Mobile 2
- It now has Sport mode for FPV-style shooting
- Charges your phone
- The DJI Mimo app allows shooting in Story mode that records directly to your phone
- Balancing your phone is more difficult and you have to do this each time you mount your phone
- But at least the ports are not blocked
- It folds
- Risk of mounting your phone upside down
- Osmo Mobile 3 is restricted in tilting compared to Osmo Mobile 2
- Flashlight mode requires different positioning to be achieved
- Triple-click trigger to switch to selfie camera doesn’t work… DJI could fix this easily in the next firmware update
Faruk concludes that this is his new favorite smartphone gimbal from DJI. The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will take some time getting used to when it comes to performing the flashlight mode, but due to its small form factor, it will be the Osmo that won’t be collecting dust anytime soon. “It is like an external battery that also charges my phone.”
What do you think about the DJI Osmo Mobile 3? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 p.m. ET.
Buy your next drone directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, DroneNerds or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.