Good morning! Here are the headlines form the last couple of days. And as it has been a long weekend, there are quite a few things that have happened. Most notably perhaps the Phantom drone that crashed on to the roof of Apple Park. A Samsung drone patent, deals on the Mavic Air and Spark, a helicopter crash that supposedly is drone-related and the latest rumors on the DJI Mavic Pro II. So, grab your coffee and read on!
DJI Mavic Pro
- A drone crashed on the solar roof of Apple Park
- Samsung patents “Flying Display Device”, a drone that you can control with your eyes and voice
- DJI Spark Quadcopter Drone plus Remote Control for $399 shipped (Up to $550 value)
- DJI’s new Mavic Air & Fly More bundle hit all-time low for DroneDJ readers $744/$944 shipped
- Investigation into what may be U.S.’s first drone-related helicopter crash
- DJI Mavic Pro II – an update to what maybe become a monster drone
Today we have a very cool video. It is a 4K drone motion time-lapse called “Annecy – Drone in motion”. The video was taken by Yannick Cerrutti with both a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. the drone app Litchi was used with waypoints to create the drone motion timelapse. According to Yannick, it consists of 13,000 photos that were taken between October 2015 and December 2017. Well done!
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: To improve our website DroneDJ and bring you the latest news, we rely on income from our ads as well as affiliate programs. We would greatly appreciate it, if you would consider the offers of our advertisers or would buy your next drone or drone accessories through one of our partners such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers such as Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!