Good morning, this week was a little hectic as I was at the AUVSI Xponential conference in Denver, CO. I have spent lots of time walking the show floor, attending various break-out sessions and talking with people about the latest developments in the drone industry. The result was not much time to sleep and also not a lot of time to write. However, I do have a lot of news, photos, and videos that will come out over the next couple of days. So hopefully that will make up for it! Anyways, grab your coffee, jump in and see what you may have missed over the last few days. Btw – be sure to check out the short interview with Michael Perry and Brendan Schulman from DJI.
DJI Mavic Pro
- DJI releases new firmware update for Mavic Air – V01.00.0400
- NY Times photographer explains why a drone is now part of his regular outfit
- Press release: Five companies share inaugural AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Award
- Ehang’s new Guinness World Record for biggest drone display with 1,374 aircraft may soon be broken by Intel
- DJI’s Brendan Schulman talks about the FAA, Congress and the possible impact for hobbyist drone pilots
- Interview with DJI’s Michael Perry at AUVSI Xponential 2018
- Press release: Intel announced hardware and software updates to the commercial drone ecosystem, including the world’s first UL 3030 certification
- FAA begins the expansion of the LAANC program to include 300 air traffic facilities covering approximately 500 airports
Today’s video shows the enormous Mexican archaeological complex northeast of Mexico City, called Teotihuacan. The short film was shot in 4K using a DJI Inspire 1. It was shot and edited by Mirame Volar Sin Alas. Enjoy!
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!