DJI resolves battery issue for the Inspire 2 with their latest firmware update (v01.02.0300) for the drone as well as the controller. The firmware update promises to address the battery issue for the Inspire 2, we reported on earlier. It also contains a number of other bug fixes, such as “the X7’s inability to hold a straight horizon”. See below for more details.
DJI Mavic Pro
Overview of the new DJI Inspire firmware
- Date: 2018.11.16
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300
- Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0050
- DJI GO 4 app: iOS v4.3.0 or above, Android v4.3.0 or above
- Fixed a rare issue where compass interference altered the orientation of the aircraft.
- Fixed a rare issue where the aircraft accidentally switched IMU and an incorrect landing gear status prompt appeared.
- Fixed an issue where the gimbal pitch did not automatically return to center, leading to the gimbal touching the ground during landing.
- Fixed an issue where the “Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode” in the DJI GO 4 app did not work.
- Fixed a rare issue when using the Zenmuse X5S where the gimbal exceeded the gimbal pan limit and drifted slightly.
- Fixed an issue when using the Zenmuse X7 without an Inspire 2 License Key (CinemaDNG, Apple ProRes) where video files stored on an SD card had color fringes.
- Fixed an issue when using Quick Spin where the aircraft did not rotate a complete 360 degrees.
- Fixed a rare issue where the aircraft could not be powered on while the power level of the Intelligent Flight Battery in the right battery slot was full.
DJI resolves battery issue Inspire 2
“New firmware updates are now available for users of TB50 and TB55 batteries to enhance the battery management system and optimize power supply during flight, if you have the corresponding battery, please kindly update the firmware to the latest version, if you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.”
DJI still issued a warning as well though:
“During flying, we still suggest that pilot fly with caution, choose the suitable environment to fly. Thank you for your attention.”
- When using the Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
- Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
- If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, DJI GO 4 app, and then retry.
How to Upgrade
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!