Are you looking to work in the drone industry, but maybe not as a commercial drone pilot? Well, check with Skydio. As you probably know, Skydio made its name in the drone world when they launched the autonomous Skydio R1 drone in early 2018. The California-based drone maker is about to launch the successor to the R1, which for now goes by the name Skydio 2, and they could use some extra hands. A quick look at their website shows that they have at least eleven open positions.
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Pro
Work in the drone industry? Skydio might have a job for you
On this page, Skydio lists all their open positions. In the department that focuses on autonomy, the company is looking for an Autonomy Engineer, a Deep Learning Research Engineer, Planning/Controls Engineer, and a Computer Vision Research Engineer. And that’s just one part of the list.
Skydio is also looking for hardware technicians and engineers, iOS interface developers, drone assembly technicians, software engineers, and flight testers. That last one might be a job for me actually. Although, I’m sure that would require a move to Redwood, CA…
Skydio Flight Tester (Part-Time)
Skydio is seeking a part-time Flight Tester (~20 hrs/week, flexible schedule) to help ensure that the units we’re shipping to customers are of the highest quality. This role requires a rigorous approach to field testing complex systems and their capabilities across a wide spectrum of environmental and operating conditions.
How you’ll make an impact
- Work with software, hardware, and AI teams to understand an exercise product capability
- Test and evaluate changes to the software system in real-world conditions
- Document and deliver actionable analysis following testing
- Identify problems and proactively propose solutions
- Generate massive amounts of logged flight data that will be used to characterize and improve the system
- Software QA/testing background
- Experience testing native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for things that fly (bonus points for sUAS Pilot’s license)
- Detail-oriented communication and documentation skills
- Test experience in a manufacturing setting
- Interest in spending lots of time outdoors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Stay in touch!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our daily email newsletter, that goes out every weekday at 6 p.m. ET.
Buy your next drone directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, DroneNerds or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!