What happened over the weekend? We rounded up our latest drone stories below.
Last weekend’s headlines:
- DJI’s popular Spark Drone hits $289 or less for Green Monday (Reg. $350+)
- Airplane almost hits drone at Glasgow Airport
- Japanese rescue drone can detect cries for help
- Drones used for first time in fight against Los Angeles fires
- Mach 0.8 rocket drone in development by MIT for the Air Force
DroneRise video of today
Today’s video is from Kjell Redal and shows drone footage of a Rocky Mountain college town:
Fly over a Rocky Mountain college town known for its expansive views, hyper-active residents, socks in Chacos, and bikes more expensive than the cars they’re carried on. I had a week near the end of my summer to showcase my hometown from a fresh perspective using my Phantom drone. Early mornings and sweaty hikes provided great light, awesome locations and high stoke. It’s exhilarating to see how a place I know well can look so different from the air. ©Kjell Redal 2016
What is DroneRise?
Every weekday morning at 6am sharp we will post a short re-cap of yesterday’s drone news. We will also include a video that shows the amazing footage that a drone and a capable drone pilot (and video editor) can produce.