Good morning, Here are the headlines you may have missed over the last couple of days. We have news about the Autel Robotics Evo drone, the Third Shenzhen International UAV Expo 2018, Disrupt SF 2018, a DRAGON drone and two rescue stories involving a DJI Mavic Pro. Jump right in!
DJI Mavic Pro
- Autel Robotics finally releases the foldable EVO drone. Should DJI be worried?
- Hundreds of drones are displayed at 2018 World Drone Congress and the Third Shenzhen International UAV Expo 2018
- DJI, Skydio and 3DR will discuss drones during this year’s Disrupt 2018
- Man wades through water to recover DJI Mavic Pro from an Alaskan river. Will the drone ever fly again?
- Watch this DRAGON drone work its way through an opening autonomously
Today’s video shows why DJI needs to introduce backward obstacle avoidance on the soon to be released (?) successor of the original DJI Mavic Pro, the Mavic Pro II (2). As you can see in the video below, Dan had to risk his own life in a daring rescue mission on one of the cliffs that he had accidentally backed his drone into. All-around obstacle avoidance would have saved him all the trouble and risk to retrieve his beloved drone. A few days ago, Dan contacted DroneDJ to tell us about he crashed and rescued his drone in New Zealand and made a short video about it. Well done, Dan!
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
If you’d like to help us grow, you can buy your next drone through one of the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. We will make a small commission and it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you!