The newly introduced but out of stock DJI Smart Controller gets its first firmware update. Earlier this week, during CES 2019, DJI released the new DJI Smart Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom, and Enterprise drones. Interestingly enough the controller is still listed as out of stock on DJI’s website. And as of yet, we have not even seen this new product filed with the FCC, although the partial government shutdown might have something to do with that. On top of that, there are persistent rumors that the Chinese drone maker is working around the clock to assemble all the necessary components for this new controller. Leaving us wondering when we may be able to actually buy this exciting new device. However, none of this stopped DJI from releasing the first firmware upgrade for the DJI Smart Controller.
DJI Smart Controller gets firmware update
- Date: 2019.01.10
- Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0310
- DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.10
- DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.6
- Added a protection mechanism when updating the firmware of the Smart Controller. An aircraft cannot take off if it is linked to a Smart Controller that is updating its firmware.
- 4K videos can be downloaded to the Smart Controller in playback in DJI GO 4.
- Optimized the overall user experience of the Smart Controller.
- To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to update the Smart Controller to the latest firmware version.
- Learn more about the DJI Smart Controller here: https://bit.ly/2D0VhbY
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
Buy your next drone through directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. By using our links, we will make a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping DroneDJ grow!