Good morning. Unfortunately, the Winter Olympics are over, although we are happy that drones were part of the show this time around. Grab a cup of coffee and read the articles you may have missed or watch the drone video about migrating sharks along the Florida coastline and unsuspecting surfers. Enjoy!
DJI Mavic Pro
- The 2018 Winter Olympics close with another spectacular “Shooting Star” drone show from Intel
- DJI Spark drone + remote hits $349 shipped at B&H ($500+ value)
- Suspected drone collision with Cessna 172 causes $4,000 in damage
- Frenchman arrested for flying drone over residence of Cambodian Prime Minister
- DJI dispels rumors about DJI fixed-wing VTOL drone
- DJI’s fixed-wing VTOL drone in action plus more photos and specifications
- Pilot Yuneec’s Breeze 4K Camera Drone from your iPhone for $149 shipped (Reg. $230)
- Joey L talks about flying a DJI Inspire drone through the ‘ISIS Winter’
- First photos and specs appear of DJI’s VTOL fixed-wing quadcopter drone
Today’s video from Hydrophilik shows how close sharks actually come to the shoreline. The video below was shot with a DJI Mavic Air (4K) and shows sharks migrating along the coastline in Florida and unsuspecting surfers.
“Drone Captures Surfer Falling on Shark! Florida Shark Migration 2018. This is amazing DJI Mavic Air 4K footage of sharks near surfers and one surfer actually falls on a shark! This drone video shows lots of other sharks, manatees, leopard rays, etc. Sharks swim very close to the manatees too. Some of these sharks are part of the amazing shark migration that takes place this time of year. The sharks were never interested in the surfers and they never showed any aggression towards them. Many of the sharks appeared to be Blacktip Sharks and Spinner Sharks. This Mavic Air Drone footage was captured near the Fort Pierce Inlet and Vero Beach, Florida.”
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!