Police have discovered a drone with a package containing contraband on the roof of an Ahuntsic elementary school in Montreal, Canada. The unmanned aerial device was found with a package containing marijuana, tobacco, cell phones, SIM cards, lighters and glue. The package was attached to the drone with a cord.
Drones to smuggle contraband into prisons
The police believe that the drone was on its way to nearby Bordeaux prison to deliver the contraband to inmates. According to Montreal News, the prison is a little more than a mile away from the Ahuntsic elementary school, which is located near the intersection of Henri-Bourassa and St. Laurent in Montreal.
Luckily the drone and the package containing contraband such as marijuana landed (or crashed) on to the roof of the school instead of the playground.
This is not the first time we have reported on contraband being smuggled into prisons with the help of drones. Previous instances took place in the US, Australia, and the UK.
- Ten people charged for large-scale drone deliveries of drugs and phones into English prisons
- Gang using drone to smuggle contraband into prison jailed for 28 years
- Drone delivering phones and drugs crashes inside Buckeye prison yard
- Drone smuggling contraband into Lithgow prison captured on CCTV
- Failed drone drugs drop-off at Walton Prison in Liverpool, England
- Drone drops drugs and cellphones into Michigan prison
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
[protected-iframe id=”5578de37b426c36a4896f2ed02c92acd-135826796-118517251″ info=”cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css” ]
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!
Photo credit: Montreal News
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.