Good morning, and welcome back after a long weekend! Hopefully, everybody had a great time? Here are the headlines you may have missed over the last few days. Starting with some spectacular drone footage from Casey Neistat and also from the Volvo Ocean Race. But that’s not all. There’s been a drone and helicopter collision in Switzerland that luckily ended well. A homeowner who shot at a drone. Drone sightings over prisons and more. Today’s video is called “Mountains of Peru” and it’s a beauty. Enjoy!
DJI Mavic Pro
- Casey Neistat’s latest drone video of the Statue of Liberty in New York ignites discussion over FAA drone rules
- Spectacular drone footage and landing during the record-breaking 9th Leg of the Volvo Ocean Race by Team Brunel
- Drone company, FlyMotion helped in the search of a missing 9-year-old girl from Jacksonville
- Drone collides with helicopter over the Verzasca Dam in Switzerland
- Homeowner tries to shoot down drone over his house as he was in fear of his family’s privacy
- 2018 Isle of Man TT races will be halted if drones distract riders
- Drone sightings hit an all-time high at Georgia state prisons – 138 since last July
- FAA-assigned identification number may soon be required to be visible on the outside of your drone
- Eagle grabs drone mid-flight in the Swiss Alps!
- Simtoo’s Fairy Drone, a small foldable drone that sits in between the DJI Spark and the Tello
- Take a look inside DJI’s factory as a Mavic Air records the final steps of its assembly
Today’s video is called “Mountains of Peru” and was shot by Daniel Molina, who traveled the country with his fiancee. In the drone video you will see places such as Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Colca Canyon, Rainbow Mountains, Red Valley & Humantay Lake. Beautiful!
He is what Daniel had to say about his trip:
“Peru was a very memorable place for me in many ways. I stayed in this fantastic place with my now… fiancee, for 22 days, traveling from Lima all the way to the south and Machu Picchu. The trip was amazing, the country is magnificent, full of generous and helpful people, tremendous good food, awesome hikes and of course unforgettable views, plus I got engaged. From pretty mountains to vast valleys, from deserts to beautiful lakes… Peru is a complete place!”
“Mountains of Peru is a short video that helps to show the beauty this country has to offer, especially of course, those incredible mountains that I’ll never forget. This was my first time operating the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and the results actually impressed me. Plus, the portability of this drone is incredible. I would never be able to take a bigger drone with me on those hikes with all my camera gear.”
“I am aware that fly drones over Machu Picchu is forbidden, that’s why I was never over or close to the city. The shot taken in this video was from very far, almost at the Sun Gate (45min from the city). Fly safe! A huge thank you to my fiancee as always, supporting me in every single shot, every step of the way… I love you!”
If you have a drone film that you would like to show on DroneDJ, send us an email with a link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo and provide us some background info.
Email sign-up form
Would you like to receive our DroneRise email every weekday morning? Enter your email below and look for an activation email in your inbox to confirm your DroneRise email sign-up.
[protected-iframe id=”5578de37b426c36a4896f2ed02c92acd-135826796-118517251″ info=”cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css” ]
Note: Support DroneDJ by buying your next drone through our site. You can use the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. Thank you!