Look out for a new light show drone at CES 2019, where UVify will officially launch their new swarm drone, the IFO. Intel grabs most of the headlines when it comes to drones and light shows. Ehang also made a big splash when they performed a large show over the Great Wall of China. Now UVify brings their IFO drone to the light show market with a different angle, a swarm drone that anyone can buy.
A brief history of drone light shows
Back in July Intel regained the record for the most drones in the air with 2,018 Shooting Stars flown simultaneously. Ehang, always eager to grab headlines, had briefly held the record earlier in the year with over 1,300 drones airborne.
Here is a list of previous major shows, all covered by DroneDJ.
- Drone show lights up the sky during the Qatar National Day 2018
- Intel drones light up the Christmas Spectacular show in New York
- The 2018 Winter Olympics close with another spectacular “Shooting Star” drone show from Intel
- Intel’s Shooting Star drone show lights up the sky over ODESZA’s act at Coachella
- Ehang’s new Guinness World Record for biggest drone display with 1,374 aircrafts may soon be broken by Intel
- Intel celebrates its 50th anniversary with a record-breaking 2,018 Shooting Star drone light show
- Lucie micro-drones dance with Drake in songs Elevate and Look Alive during show in Detroit
- Mesmerizing Franchise Freedom drone light show at Burning Man 2018
- 2018 Winter Olympics and Intel’s record setting drone show
- Frankfurt celebrated its new “Old City” with a drone show
What makes the UVify IFO different?
The details are still scarce and we hope to learn more at CES. One stat we have is the flight time. UVify tells us that the IFO can stay aloft for up to 25 minutes. That time bests Intel’s Shooting Star by 5 minutes. UVify also promises to make their drones available to the public through a service agreement.
Take a look under the hood of the UVify IFO
Here is what UVify had to say in an email to DroneDJ.
UVify will officially launch IFO, a new swarm drone designed from the ground up for indoor and outdoor lightshows. With a flight time of as long as 25 minutes, IFO is the longest flying lightshow swarm drone on the market. Additionally, IFO is the first lightshow swarm drone in the world available to the general public though a service agreement with the UVify drone as a service (DaaS).
The LEDs on the IFO can be seen from all sides and from below, as shown.
Who is UVify
UVify has been making some major inroads into the drone racing world. They started off with a simple mission – to make drone racing more accessible to the masses. The UVify Oori is a super small and super fast racing drone for beginners.
Their latest Draco drone has been selected as the official racing drone of the 2019 DR1 racing circuit. UVify is definitely a company to keep an eye on and we can’t wait to see the IFO lighting up the skies.
STAY IN TOUCH!
If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or sign up for our email newsletter DroneRise, that goes out every weekday morning at 6 am.
If you’d like to help us grow, you can buy your next drone through one of the following links directly from manufacturers, such as DJI, Parrot, Yuneec or retailers like Amazon, B&H, BestBuy or eBay. We will make a small commission and it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.